Meet the Staff
Being Vulnerable – a Good Place to Start
Therapy can feel extremely vulnerable at first. It may even be a little nerve-wracking just exploring this Website while thinking about picking up the phone and calling.
You may have several tabs of therapists’ sites in your browser and feel uncertain of how to even begin to pick one. You may even think, “Looks a little young. I don’t know for sure.” We understand all of that. And we hope we can help make your decision a little easier.
We Have a Knack for Putting You at Ease
When you work with the staff at Mental Shifts, we do our very best to put you in as much ease as possible. The good news? We have never had a client who did not feel more comfortable after coming to see us.
In fact, most clients tell us they feel better after their first session. And it only gets better as time goes on, too. The more you meet with us, the safer you will feel. You will begin to feel empowered, self-assured, and worthy of the love you crave.
At Mental Shifts, what we can offer you is a calm, soothing environment where you will instantly feel well cared for and treated with the respect you deserve.
Picture coming into the office for the first time, sipping coffee (or tea, if you prefer) and having the sense you are in the right place. After the first session, you walk out of the office feeling lighter. You think, “This could work” and “I don’t have to go through this alone anymore.”
It can be hard to take the first step on this journey, and it can be very easy to find excuses not to start – but what awaits you is SO worth it. And YOU are so worth it.
About Dr. Grant
Getting to know you excites me – I love talking with people. I will genuinely take an interest in who you are and care about helping you get the life you desire.
I also won’t stop at listening or talking. I am more than just a great friend you meet at a coffee shop or grab a drink with. I may feel like that at times, but I also have quite a few tools to help you reach your goals.
Here are a few of my credentials:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Azusa Pacific University
- Psychodynamic Concentration (Attachment-focused/Relationship oriented)
- Licensed Psychologist in the state of Nevada since 2016
- 10 years of experience in the field
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) trained in Manhattan, NY
- Past Groups Coordinator at UNLV’s The PRACTICE (CBT, DBT, Young Adult, and Process Groups)
- Gottman and Imago Dei trained Couples Therapist in Southern CA
I personally feel my calling in life is to help others. I get a sense of accomplishment from meeting people who are struggling, maybe even in a dark place, and helping them find their way out. That is not only what I love to do, but what I can do for you.
When I am not helping people, I enjoy playing with my two dogs, cooking dinners with my fiancé, and doing amateur photography. In fact, several photos on this Website were taken by yours truly (not the ones of staff).
About Kaydian Woolery, CPC-I
Hi, I’m Kaydian. I believe we all have the potential to grow and to achieve happiness and fulfillment in our lives.
Sometimes this is not always an easy process. Life is full of challenges and some of them can be debilitating, impairing our ability to function.
Regardless of whether you are experiencing a crisis (traumatic experience, relationship distress, divorce, grief) or desperately trying to change an old pattern of behavior, I am here to listen.
I want to help you succeed and break free of whatever it may be causing you pain and suffering. Pain is inevitable suffering is not! Using evidence based techniques I assist clients to reach their best self.
My role as the therapist is to help bring awareness and be a guide to the client. My theoretical Orientation is CBT and Rogerian. The client plays a major role in their therapeutic journey.
I offer Parts and Memory therapy interventions as well as DBT techniques.
I provide my clients a empathetic and non-judgmental ear to work through their distress. I invite you to call or email me today, I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Begin your healing today.
About Vanya Georgieva-Matev, MFT-I
- I have experience with individual clients as well as couples, and families including small children and adolescent
- I am certified in Grief Treatment: Evidence-Based Approaches to Care Across the Lifespan
- I am trained in Integrating Marriage and Family Therapy with Families Living with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- I am trained in basic Applied Behavior Analysis
Below are a list of my specialties…
- Narrative Therapy with individuals, couples, and families for various psychological problems.
- Grief Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy with Families Living with ASD
Dr. Jacquelyn Rinaldi, PsyD Intern
I also enjoy teaching Psychology at College of Southern Nevada, as well as speaking and leading workshops for corporate clients and conferences across the country.
My Specialties include:
• Dream analysis
• Cognitive Behavior Therapy
• Certified Meditation Teacher: trained by Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach
Danny Phung, CPC Student Intern